1. Clarify Q
2. Identify users
3. Identify pain points/user needs
4. Identify solutions
5. Prioritize solutions based on impact, implementation and cost
6. Summarize and give recommendation
1. Who are the users/who is this for; parents, kids, Uber/Lyft/taxi companies? Kids
2. What are the goals? So kids can go places without a parent/sibling/someone driving them
3. Where are we? Launching in USA, potential to go interational
4. The exterior, internal, everything? It will look like a typical consumer car on the outside, develop internal features
Identify user needs
2. Get them where they want to go
3. Tracked so parents know where they/the vehicle is at all times
1. Car won't start unless all seatbelts are buckled (utilize weight sensors ---> existing technology)
2. Via an app, parents input and approve destination, go and leave times and audio entertainment so they know where their kids are going, when and what they are listening to. Kids can select from preset options. Car will only start once everything is approved.
3. GPS tracking (similar to Uber/Lyft feature) so parents know where car is at all times
4. Doesn't exceed 50 mph
5. Option to opt for local streets versus highways
6. Doors will only unlock and open when car is in "park"
7. Status updates sent to all parents/partners involved regarding ETA, traffic patterns, arrival times, etc.
8. Only gets gas/charges at select, approved stations (in good neighborhoods, at certain times of the day and at well-known brands)
9. Temperature can be preset via app; car can be preheated in winter and precooled in summer
All seem simple to implement due to existing technology. Safety features are most important, so I would focus on numbers 1-8, and survey users to determine which safety features to develop first. The temperature feature could be developed later.
We designed a self-driving car for kids so they can get places safely without someone driving them. Safety features took prioritity, parents would utilize an app to preset the destination, start times, suitable gas stations, etc. The trips would be tracked via GPS and parents/guardians would get status updates in real time.