There is an issue in a sign-up flow, users are no longer signing up for our service, what would you do?
Assuming I'm the PM for the flow - yes
assuming that I need to debug the problem since it says 'issue'
When say no longer signing up for our service youre saying there are 0 users who have been able to sign up in the past x days or theres been a steep drop , assuming its the latter
Action items - isolate timeline
- Figure out when did they stop signing up
- Was it gradual or abrupt - assume abrupt
Verify data - is it accurate
- is the data updated
- is the third party sdk we use for tracking working without issues
- did we make any changes to internal definitions?
- did we make any changes to our data/any major deployments
- Was it there last year or last month
- did we do any major releases around the time it dropped
- are any other metrics affected
- since its the acquisition funnel - where are the user dropping off - can we test the flow in house
-Did any of our partners make any major changes that could impact us
- which users have dropped off or which ones are still coming through - split by platform/OS/OS version/app version/country/device
- what are the customers saying on playstore
Major events by competition/major changes?
Major changes by partners
outages for partners?
we should be able identify the break through this