15% drop in FB groups. FB Groups is a feature where people discuss, share or connect over different topics. Does this 15% drop in engagement? or a 15% drop in new users or a 15% drop in groups created.
Assume its engagement drop here i.e. sessions per day have dropped in FB groups - which means people engage lesser with the groups day to day than before.
I have a couple of clarification questions here:
- is the drop recent or has happened over - lets say it has happened over 1 month now
- did the drop happen on android, ios, web? if web then a particular browser?
- any particular geography
- changes in external ecosystem- competitors, data plans from n/w providers, etc.
- did we release a new feature that led to the drawing of users from FB groups
- was there a technical glitch
- seen a drop in related feature such as pages, feed, etc.
If the answer to all above is no then the drop is mostly due to behavioural than technical reasons.
- Metrics- session per day, actions per session, % engaged users, median new posts per day in a group, median responses per post
Lets say median new posts per day in a group have dropped that have led reduced engagement. I would then go about understanding the drop in this particular metric and see what are the possible reasons:
- drop in particular kind of groups e.g. schools related or education related communities because exams are there
- Notification bug - other people are notified when a post is created and thus response rate is low
- check churn rate and if that has increased talk to churned users to see reasons of churn