The question is unclear.See less
To me, this is a product launch question.
The interviewer is perhaps trying to assess the process you would follow after the product is ready.
1. The Kite is already ready.
2. The launch is the first test launch.
So the process that can be followed :-
1. The correct date and time is identified based on weather conditions
2. The required equipments for launching the kite are procured and tested
3. The launch location is prepared
4. The teams undergo a mock drill and every team member is briefed about their responsibility
5. The exact location where the kite needs to be launched - trajectory, path are defined
6. The expected output from the launch is defined. Example - Kite has to reach 40km from earth's surface
7. All the required tracking metrics are defined to assess the success of the launch.
Please correct me if my understanding is incorrect or in case you need any