Clarification:Different status options to respond to events are Going, Interested, and not-interested. Has there been a significant drop in the number of events that users typically respond to with "Going", with a corresponding increase in the "not-interested" or "interested" responses? Or is it just a drop in "Going" responses without a corresponding increase in the other responses?
If latter, I would recommend digging into the folling metrics/KPIs/events to root cause further:
- Was there a new release on the events feature?
- Is the drop limited to a specific geographic location or endpoint in production?
- What are the availability numbers of the events feature?
- Has there been an incident or event in the news that would affect the usage of this feature?
- Has DAU of the application been impacted over the past few days?
If the former, I would look at the following features:
- Again look at identifying if drop in "going" responses with a specific geographic location and if there was an event or weather situation that would impact users attending events.
- Were there code changes deployed in production that changed the logic of displaying potentially appealing events to users?
- Was there negative news about the events feature that would impact user's trust of the feature?