First I will ask some clarifying questions.
Next I will brainstorm solutions.
Last I will do a cost-benefit analysis to see which strategy to pursue and give my recommendation.
1. Revenue and not profit? Correct
2. Uber the ride-hailing/ride sharing app? Yes
3. Are we working on improving revenue for a specific product/feature/user segment (riders, drivers, Uber Eats) or the entire company? Entire company
4. Any restrictions or time-frames I should be aware of? No restrictions, you have one year
5. Are we looking to improve revenues by a certain percentage? 25%
Brainstorming quietly, then sharing...
Revenue is a function of price times quantity
Factors to increase prices:
1. Raise price for riders
2. Lower wages for drivers
Factors to increase quantities:
3. Offer promos to riders
4. Offer gift cards
5. Expand Uber Eats to deliver more than food; drivers can deliver packages from UPS store, shoes from local shoe repair, laundry from laundromat or cleaners
6. Form a partnership with the local government so Ubers do not have to pay tolls
7. Form partnerships with organizations who sponsor events to arrange for some of the money to go to guest transportation, this will encourage attendance at events and increase Uber's revenues
8. Partner with event platforms like Meetup or Eventbrite to arrange carpools for people traveling to and from nearby locations
1 & 2 will have negative repercussions
3 & 4 are likely already being offered
5 can be cumbersome to implement, because a lot of infrstructure needs to be put in place. We need a Google API to pull all local shops and services, a platform to arrange user inputs and a place for drivers to confirm and ask clarifying questions.
6 can take a lot of time, legal work and legislation
7 & 8 are viable solutions, the agendas of both parties are aligned, organizers want to increase attendance at their events, and it is likely they have the guest's addresses or they can ask the guest if they want to share their address and be matched with other local attendees going. Also, instead of spending a certain amount on food, SWAG or an open bar, some budget dollars can be used as a stipend for guest transportation. So, to summarize, I would recommend the strategy to partner with event organizer platforms like Meetup or Eventbrite so they can either sponsor Uber rides for guests or arrange carpools for them.