Any specific collectible? (No)
Why is it required? (To increase engagement amongst users in Facebook)
To increase engagement amongst users by creating a new experience in Facebook
To provide more relevant ads and news to the users, thereby increasing revenue
People who have a hobby of collecting coins/stamps. They involve in conversations regarding the collectible. They would like to show the world that they are passionate about the collectible, put status about their newly collected item.
1) Games/ Quiz to get virtual badges
The user should actually take up a quiz and once they pass, they will get a badge of that collectible
(Say he is a coin collector, by answering questions about the dollar, he will a win a virtual badge of dollar and the badge can be displayed to the right of his profile name, which he can proudly display)
Pros: Potential to bring more quiz developers on the platform and earn additional revenue
Cons: Too much quiz content to be created for different collectibles
2) Collectible tournaments and dashboard: Gamification strategy
A user can compete against other friends on particular collectible and the dashboard hat displays the rank tells how he fares against his friends.
Pros: Brings out the competitive spirit within people
Cons: Storage issues and content creation a headache
3) A new community page for each collectible
Users, who are passionate about a particular collectible can be asked to join a new page, where discussions regarding any a collectible can happen.
Pros: Chances of making new friends
Cons: Similar to already existing communities in Facebook
1) Amount of Time Spent in the above features by a user in a session
2) Number of above sessions by a user in a month ( is a measure of if the user is still interested or has become bored)
2) Number of unique users of the above features
3) Number of collectibles for which quiz content is available