When you say Facebook ads dropped:
- Is it ads created or ads consumed(viewed), assuming it's ads consumed
- Is it on a particular FB platform or across all of FB owned properties that runs ads, since there is the option for FB ads to adverstise cross platform I'm assuming it's across platforms
Let's start investigating
See if the problem actually existgs
- what's the drop relative to - what are you comparing with, is it a WoW drop or MoM drop or YoY drop? assuming it's WoW
- Is the data accurate? did we deploy any changes that could affect the data and how it reads- Are the ads created unchanged?
- is it specific to a platform (android or iOS) or country or region or cohort (phone,android version or iOS version or ISP or app version)
- Are the ads dropped across all types of ads or a certain format of ads only
- Are any of the other FB metrics down
- Are the ads being displayed as expected
- Are there any spikes in any of errors related to ads
- Were there any major product deployments over the same period, that could affect ads
- Were there any issues reported in customer reports? what do our reviews say over the same period
- Did the competition have any major changes
- Were there any major external events ? down time in a country or region?
- Was a similar drop there last year?
- Was the traffic last week unusually higher than usual which creating this artificial impression of a drop
- Was there a major OS release or major feature deprecation that lead to this