Structure to Answer
- What is the product
- Users of the product
- Product feature
- Competition products
- Metrics to monitor at Various Levels
- User Awareness
- User Acquisition & Activation
- User Engagement
- User Conversion
- User Retention
- Wrap Up - Most Important Metrics + Additional top metrics
About the Product
- We want the user to seamlessly create, read, update and review documents over the internet (cloud) using any device of his choice and save it in multiple formats.
- The user should be able to invite and collaborate with other users seamlessly.
- Working Professionals,
- Book Authors
- Document creation,
- Share across users for collaboration with varying permission
- Accessibility across devices (Mobile, Desktop etc)
- Offline download in the absence of internet
- "Save As" in multiple formats
- Microsoft Word (Offline)
- Microsoft 360 Word (Cloud)
Metrics to monitor at Various Levels
- User Awareness - Various Channels which I would use to get to the user, to make them aware of this product
- Default application to open documents in Gmail
- Youtube Videos Ads
- Social Websites
- Push Notifications and ads when user search for s/w to open Document etc
- User Acquisition - How can I make the user sign up and use the application
- Increase in new users accessing google docs
- How many users are sharing the documents with new users
- Time spent per documents by user
- How many new documents are created per user
- How many documents are being shared and collaborated
- How many users are converting Microsoft Word documents to Google docs and storing in Google Drive.
- When the user, uses more and more Google Docs and other Google applications in Google Suits, the user would require more cloud storage, this pushes the user to upgrade to the next paid level, to access more cloud storage.
- How many users are continuing to use Google Docs.
- The Monetization is via payment of cloud storage as part of Google Suit.
- How much storage is used by Google Docs.
- How many documents are being shared across to new users
Wrap Up - Most Important Metrics + Additional top metrics
1. User Aquisition - How many new users are joining the platform and creating new documents. As my priority is to pull customers out from Microsoft Office this would be my top metrics to start with.
If the result tends to be unappealing, I will fall back and check how much time a user takes in general to create a page was it fast enough to use it etc.
Once I have a sizable user base, my focus will turn to revenue metrics.
2. Monetization - Since this product is monetized w.r.t to the storage, but along with other application in google suits, I would like to see the disk size contribution of Google Docs in Google Suits.